Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Big Mouth!

We had an easy go of it last night at the Schlafly Tap Room. All you ninnies and lily-livers were licking your wounds from having eaten too much crap and washed it down with too much of something else while you missed a perfectly good football game and were horrified by a popular-culture twat bellowing the unfortunate anthem of our nation and then that halftime show that was....oh blah, blah, blahhhhgggg.
I will get to the story.
We got off a slow start and that meant that I was well-rested and left with attention and energy towards the time-of-the-night when I would usually be ready to close up and get myself off to some other form of entertainment. {OH, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A BAR. WE THOUGHT YOU'D BE OPEN UNTIL ATLEAST ONE!!! said the man to the waitress, last night.)
Anyhoo, in walk some fine younguns off the street. Beeming with one buzz or another. I was down to one customer, whose humor was running very thin, so I set up the new group, gladly. They were on their second-round and we had all had some good laughs about the unfortunate mix of oxycontin and cocaine and the fifth leg on some buffalo that does not produce cheese (by the way)...and this and that and all over the place and Wow! I am stupid and how-about-that?
Somehow the subject came up: Zed, when are you here? When do you bartend? I gave them my simple three-night schedule and per-most-Americans, they asked, what else do you do?
Ha!
"I am a poet", I said. "Used to do a radio show. Had a conversation with a drummer the other night. He said he once called Lenny Bruce a racist on my show", I said.
Oh, they wanted to hear all about my seven years doing THE NO SHOW on KDHX, but one was brave enough to admit that she knew nothing of this LENNY BRUCE and nothing of the Beats, which I also mentioned, in reference to my hosting of DAY OF THE DEAD BEATS.
At this point, I could say that I need to rewrite this whole thing and include hyperlinks to said projects, but I will instruct you to do your homework.

I sent her off to Google Sir Lenny and the Beat Generation.
Woke up this morning thinking about it all and this bit in particular:
To is a Preposition, Come is a Verb

To is a preposition.
To is a preposition.
Come is a verb.
To is a preposition.
Come is a verb.
To is a preposition.
Come is a verb, the verb intransitive.
To come.
To come.
I've heard these two words my whole adult life, and as a kid when I thought I was sleeping.
To come.
To come.
It's been like a big drum solo.
Did you come?
Did you come?
Good.
Did you come good?
Did you come good?
Did you come good?
Did you come good?
Did you come good?
Did you come good?
Did you come good?
I come better with you, sweetheart, than with anybody in the whole goddamn world.
I really came so good and I came so good 'cause I love you.
I really came so good.
I come better with you, sweetheart, than anyone in the whole world.
I really came so good.
So good.
But don't come in me.
Don’t come in me.
Don’t come in me
Don't come in me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.
Don’t come in me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me.
Don't come in me.
Don't come…. in me…in me in me.
Don’t come in me, in me….in me.
I can't come.
'Cause you don't love me--that's why you can't come.
I can't come.
I love you, I just can't come; that's my hang-up.
I can't come when I'm loaded, all right?
'Cause you don't love me.
Just what the hell is the matter with you-what has that got to do with loving? I just can't come that's all.
Now if anyone is this room or the world finds those two words decadent, obscene, immoral, amoral, asexual-- the words "to come" really make you feel uncomfortable--if you think I'm rank for saying it to you, you the beholder think it's rank for listening to it, you probably can't come. And then you're of no use, because that's the purpose of life, to re-create it.


...and this tribute by Chumbawamba:
BIG MOUTH STRIKES AGAIN!
"I caught you with your head down the toilet as you were gulping up dirty words, then later dressed in suit and tie, whilst playing to the laughing crowds, you were gargling, spitting, fingers down your throat, making yourself so sick. Vomiting the words that you’d sucked and slurped all over the cops at the back!
Big mouth, big mouth, big mouth strikes again
Big mouth, big mouth, big mouth strikes again
Flucky now, flucky now, flucky now, oh my, it’s a good job Fusion cannot spell. ‘Cause if I could you know I’d get a lot of flack off the record company, always on my back. Well I thank God for watching what I’m doing. Whoops. Fusion watch what you’re saying. Remember what happened before when you tried to thank God, um, Christ, um, Him--you had to scrap your lyrics and throw them in the bin. I couldn’t win, it must’ve been a thing. Anyway I’ve been asked here not to give lip, but to talk about a topic which we call censorship. Musicians have no right to say what they want to. MC Fusion want to say some of the people say that blunt--nobody has the right to tell you want to do. ‘Cause if you do it to them, it may be [?] on you. Whoever bought this record try and figure out what the flucking hell is Fusion talking about, but it makes sense to the A G I T, cause this is what happened when they try to censor me. Ha. Finally, Fusion, I mean we, got freedom of speech. Censorship is a load of bollocks, and that’s what agitation propaganda and anything you can do, I can do better.
‘To’ is a preposition
‘Come’ is a verb
‘To come’ is a verb intransitive
To come, to come
Did you come? Did you come good? Good!
Did you come? Did you come good? Good!
Don’t come in me, don’t come in me
Don’t come in me, don’t come in me
It takes technique to thrill me!
Did you come? Did you come good? Good!
Did you come? Did you come good? Good!
Did you come, come, come, come, come good?
Big mouth, big mouth, big mouth strikes again
Big mouth, big mouth, big mouth strikes again
(Good Thief routine)
Stepford husbands, Stepford wives
With longer scissors, sharper knives
So sugar-sweet, they spend their time as censors, working overtime
This good-good culture
Bullshit motherfucker bullshit
Welcome Christ, judges, lone ranger
Bullshit motherfucker bullshit
Padres, pastors, popes, priests
Bullshit motherfucker bullshit
Critics, comics, you, me
Bullshit motherfucker bullshit
Big mouth, big mouth, big mouth strikes again
Big mouth, big mouth, big mouth strikes again"

No comments: